Monday, August 13, 2012

Block 5 - Day 8

Block 5 started last week simply because I thought I could hang after only two weeks doing 400 pushups/day.  I may have made the jump too early, since I am sweating a lot more doing the 100 pushup sets than I was with the 80.  I am still able to complete the daily number, but I am definitely feeling it more the next day.

I have also missed more days than I should have due to motorcycle trackdays, football priorities and a busy life in general.  These are all excuses though and I need to focus and get back on track.  500 today will put me at the 15000 mark.  It took 50 days to reach 10000 and only 21 more to reach 15000.  If I do my pushups every day except Sunday, 20000 should arrive by late next week.  5000 pushups will be an 11 or 12 day event, depending on the number of Sundays that fall in that period, rather than a 21 day cycle.  Eventually I will be doing 5000 pushups each week, but that seems so far away.

I am halfway to my goal, but that goal seems further away now than when I started.  This is ridiculous of course, but that is how it feels.  Oh well, keep pushing through and I will get there.

New pictures are in order I think, as 500 is a pretty desirable goal in it's own right.  You can definitely see the differences from the first set I posted.  My pecs, shoulders and arms are seeing growth and my stomach is gaining some definition.  There is hope yet!






No comments:

Post a Comment